The level 2 Advanced Wine programis designed to give a thorough understanding of the principal wines of the world. More than 300 grape varietals and their characteristics are taught in detail. The wine producing countries of the world, their climatic conditions and their influence on wine are covered in detail. The qualification will assist those who are required to make professional evaluations of wines with regards to their quality and commercial value. The qualification provides the in depth product knowledge required to underpin job skills and competencies required for product selection in retail as well as hospitality sectors.
On completion of this course the candidate will be able to:
- Explain the key factors in the production of the principal wines of the world and describe how these influence wine style, quality and price
- Describe in detail the characteristics of the principal grapes &wines of the world
- Explain the key factors in the production of the principal sparkling wines of the world
- Describe how the climate influence wine style, quality and price
- Explain the key factors in the production of the principal fortified (liqueur) wines of the world and describe how these influence wine style, quality and price
- Provide information and advice to customers and staff about wines
- Identify and assess the characteristics, quality and commercial values of the principal wines of the world
- Students need to successfully complete a portfolio of tasting notes of 60 wines and a multiple-choice paper of 200 questions.
- Place a deposit of INR 5000.00 to reserve your place.
- Your remaining course balance will be required 2 days prior to you taking the course.
- N.B. Bookings made within 2 days of the course start date must be paid in full.
- (All directions and information are available on the website or by calling +91 9811554466 between 9am-5pm Mon-Fri)
- Certificates and Results are aimed to reach you within 4 weeks of completing the course. For international students allow for an additional 2-4 weeks.